Inspired by a handwritten calligraphy notebook from childhood Briceno's artistic production aims to show the beauty of the mistake, to explore repetition and process.
Freed from seeking perfection, Constanza creates asymmetrical structures across the canvas. In a methodical disorder, this structures often recall known landscapes and experiences.
"...Most of all, the acceptance and celebration of making marks no matter how ‘imperfect’ they may be, make these paintings vibrant and beautiful. She draws, paints, makes mistakes, covers, and develops her paintings over a period of time, building a history much like life, learning from mistakes and building off them."
Extract, by Anita Frost
was born in Santiago de Chile in 1979. Her work has been shown in Argentina, Chile, Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Tauranga.
In 2001, she obtained Baccalaureate degree in Art from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Since then, she has been involved in different studios, group and solo exhibitions. She currently lives and works in Papamoa, New Zealand.
- 1997 - 2001
- Bachelor in Fine Arts, Catholic university of Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- "Writing exercises" - The Incubator. Tauranga, New Zealand
- "More beautiful than most" - Laundromat Art Project Space. Tauranga, New Zealand
- Dear Boobs One Year On - Exhibition. The People's Gallery. Tauranga
- Do you see what I see. Macandmor Gallery. Tauranga
- Fenton St Arts Collective. Taranaki
- 109. The People's Gallery. Tauranga
- Aroha. The Art Lounge. Tauranga
- The New Zealand Art Show. TSB Bank Arena. Wellington
- Gallerie. Tauranga, New Zealand
- Soul Gallery. Hamilton, New Zealand
- Bethlehem College 2014 Art Exhibition, The Cargo Shed. Tauranga, New Zealand
- Antimatter: A Sustainable Exhibition, The Incubator. Tauranga, New Zealand
- Beachside Art Auction, Papamoa Kindergarten. Papamoa, New Zealand
- Art of Abstract, Creative Tauranga. Tauranga, New Zealand
- Mount Art Group Exhibition, Mount Surf Club. Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
- 2005 - 2006
- 34° 38 Latitud Sur (Travelling Exhibition), Centro Cultural Borges. Buenos Aires, Argentina / MACV (Contemporary Art Museum of Valdivia) Valdivia, Chile / Casona de los Olivera. Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Estrategias de Pérdida, MACV (Contemporary Art Museum of Valdivia) Valdivia, Chile
- Estado de Prueba, Galería Aníbal Pinto. Temuco, Chile
- Pleasentville, Teatro Oriente. Santiago, Chile
- Viña Tabón Tinaja, Fiesta de la Vendimia. Santiago, Chile (This artwork bacame part of the Art Collection of the winery)
- Plástica 2, Galería Muro Sur. Santiago, Chile
- Atrasmano, Galpón Recoleta. Santiago, Chile
- Taller Azulado, Municipalidad de Talagante. Talagante, Chile